I was recently nominated by the wonderful Reader In A Reverie for the Liebster Award! Now, if you’re a new blogger like I am you might not know what this is. If you want the history of it you can check out this site here , but basically it’s a way for bloggers to recognize new blogs (less than 200 followers) that have caught their eye!
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award
5) Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
Eleven Questions from Reader In A Reverie:
1) Favourite book of 2015 so far?
Red Rising by Pierce Brown was phenomenal, as was the sequel, Golden Son. So much love!!!!
2) If you could live in any world from any book, where would you choose?
Temerant- This is the world that the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss is set in. It’s a truly beautiful world with a great deal of mystery and magic that makes it even more exciting!
3) Can you read while listening to music?
I can try, but I usually end up only devoting attention to one or the other.
4) If you were to have a bookish tea party, which 3 authors would you invite and why?
Jim Butcher, Mark Lawrence, and Scott Lynch- all three of these fellows write the most fantastic characters and their lines are ON POINT! Also, these guys at a tea party would be worthy of a photo shoot!
5) Do you have a go-to genre?
Fantasy or Sci-Fi are my faves.
6) What is a book you would recommend to anyone?
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
7) What is your favourite childhood book?
The Nancy Drew books were my favorites! I always thought Nancy was so clever and wanted to be just like her!
8) Favourite book to movie adaptation?
The Maze Runner or Catching Fire. Both were pretty fantastic.
9) A hyped book that you loved?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
10) A hyped book that you didn’t like?
I can’t think of one! I think I’ve actually like all the hyped books I’ve read!
11) Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always loved books, but never thought I could do anything but read them and recommend them to friends. I decided to start a blog so I could tell other people about the books I’ve enjoyed (or not enjoyed) and expand my reach. It’s also a great way to practice writing!
Eleven Facts About Me!
- I’m feelin’ 22. But seriously, I am 22.
- I studied Biology in college.
- I could read before I got to kindergarten.
- When I grow up (ha) I want to be a Nobel Prize winning scientist.
- I dream big.
- I’ve always wanted to travel across Europe.
- I love taking pictures!
- I would like to learn a second language and speak it fluently.
- I have a crazy, fun border collie.
- I’m running out of space for books. Fast.
- I miss being in school and want to find an awesome graduate program!
My Nominees Are:
Eleven Questions for my Nominees:
- What’s your favorite book or book series?
- What is your favorite genre?
- If you could have a party with three authors, who would you pick?
- What is on your TBR pile?
- If you could live in a novel, which would you pick?
- Do you have a favorite book quote?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- What would your dream job be?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what would you bring with you?
- Where have you always wanted to travel?